Australian Associated Press
The Jungle Book has enjoyed its second week as king of the Australian box office.
The Walt Disney live action version of Rudyard Kipling’s eponymous collective works raked in $5.806 million, according to the Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia.
The movie this week more than doubled the success of Hugh Jackman’s feelgood film Eddie the Eagle, which ranked second this week after a $2.630 million box office take.
Disney animated flick Zootopia jumped a spot to third ($1.682 million), while comedy film The Boss, starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Bell, fell two spots to fourth position ($1.584 million).
Kung Fu Panda 3 went up a rung to sixth place ($787,637), while My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 maintained eighth spot ($627,472).
Blockbuster Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice continued its fall down the chart, this week dropping three spots to ninth ($588,037).
Eye In The Sky, the drone military thriller starring Helen Mirren, rounded out the top 10. ($332,798).
TOP 10 FILMS FOR THE WEEKEND APRIL 21 TO APRIL 24:
1. The Jungle Book (Disney) $5.806 million
2. Eddie The Eagle (Fox) $2.630 million
3. Zootopia (Disney) – $1.682 million
4. The Boss (Universal) – $1.584 million
5. Divergent Series: Allegiant (Entertainment One) $1.422 million
6. Kung Fu Panda 3 (Fox/Dreamworks) – $787,637
7. The Huntsman: Winter’s War (Universal) – $730,202
8. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Universal) – $627,472
9. Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (Warner Bros) – $588,037
10. Eye In The Sky (Entertainment One) – $332,798
* Source: Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia